23 September 2010

Borthwick Institute research guides: new location

There is a new Web address for Borthwick Institute for Archives (University of York) research guides.

Currently (2010) their 'Leaflets Primarily for Genealogists' are:
  • A brief guide to genealogical sources at the Borthwick Institute
  • Parish Registers deposited at the Borthwick
  • Bishops Transcripts (Parish Register Transcripts) at the Borthwick
  • A guide to probate courts and jurisdictions
  • Simple Guide to Probate Jurisdiction
  • Probate Records: what kind of copy should I order?
  • Understanding York Probate Act Books - administrations and probate acts)
  • Understanding York Probate Act Books - tuitions, curations and caveats
  • Understanding Marriage Bonds and Allegations
  • Records of birth, marriages and death after 1837 (Civil Registration)

2 comments:

  1. Judy,
    Thank you for the link to the Borthwick! I know about it, but I'd never thought to check for a webpage -- duh...! With just one quick look, I see that it's going to help with my current problems in Weaverthorpe/Helperthorpe and all the jurisdictions. Who knows what else I'll find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted to hear that you found the link helpful. I have never been to the Borthwick but hope to get there on a future trip to the UK.

    ReplyDelete

If you think we are related, or if you want to comment but cannot do so because of restrictions designed to block spam, please email me at the address shown in the sidebar here (or an alternative address shown on www.judywebster.com.au).